Welcome!

Sign in with your CogSci, Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.

Or register to create a new account.

We'll use your information only for signing in to this forum.

Supported by

Recentering screen after leaving full-screen mode during experiment

Hello all,

I am having a problem with a touch-screen opensesame experiment that I am running on a windows 10 tablet (it's a proper laptop with a detachable keyboard). Everything runs smoothly, images are appearing in the centre of the screen (see image below).

Until I press the windows key (or any such key) that calls the toolbar or the desktop and takes me out of the full-screen mode of the presentation of the experiment (for example see image below).

Every time I go back into the experiment, the display's always shifted towards the right lower corner (see image below -sorry for the plethora of images). And it stays like that for the rest of the trials.

This happens only on the tablet. On my desktop computer or proper laptop this is not an issue. Any ideas how I can re-centre it during the experiment, probably with an inline script. I tried manually (changing resolution settings on the pc, but nothing has worked so far). I don't want to have to stop the experiment and restart it. As I work with kids, it's very common for them to press function buttons that can take them out of the experiment.

Thank you so much in advance.
Panos

Comments

• sebastiaansebastiaan Posts: 2,856

Hi Panos,

You mention that you've tried changing the resolution. This is also the first thing that comes to my mind. Have you checked the following?

• The resolution of the experiment and Windows are the same; and
    • Display scaling is set to 100%. (Any other value will effectively increase the resolution of the experiment.)

Cheers!
    Sebastiaan

Thanked by 1peter7

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• peter7peter7 Posts: 4

Hi Sebastian!

Thank you so much! That was the problem all along. The tablet mode would always use display scaling of 125%. Solved! I changed it to 100% and re-scaled my images and it works perfectly. Thank you so much!!!

By the way, if it's okay to ask another question, is the plugin mpy included in the OpenSesame runtime for android?

Once again, thank you so much!

Panos