Welcome!

Sign in with your CogSci, Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.

Or register to create a new account.

We'll use your information only for signing in to this forum.

Supported by

one correction trial after false reaction

brt123brt123 Posts: 11
edited December 2017 in OpenSesame

Good evening everyone,

In my experiment, I'd like to include correction trials, i.e. when the participant gives a wrong answer in a given trial, they would have to repeat the false trial ONCE. How is it possible to program something like this, given the information below?
I created my whole experiment based on two sketchpads (one is the fixation dot, one is the stimulus Sketchpad). The stimulus - sketchpad is varied randomly via my variables. Is this a smart way to set up the experiment or does it produce too much of a burden for the hardware?

greetings,

BRT

Comments

• brt123brt123 Posts: 11

Ok it seems like I have solved the problem myself. For anyone who might face a similar problem, here is the (rather quick - and - dirty) solution:

In the trial sequence, I put a sketchpad (named "Fehler") after the target sketchpad (named "target"). The sketchpad "Fehler" is an exact copy of the "target" sketchpad and therefore shows the exact same combination of pictures and stimuli, but will only be displayed under the condition "[correct_Target]=0".
    See the screenshot for a clearer understanding.

Right now I face another problem: Whenever I give a wrong response on a trial, the "Fehler" - slide appears rather quickly and in a fashion I would expect it from a reactiontime - Experiment. However, if I give the correct answer, it feels like there is a delay of 3 seconds, which seems very odd to me.
    Could that be the result of hardware issues? If yes, how come the machine reacts slower on a false trial then on a correct one?

• brt123brt123 Posts: 11
    edited December 2017

Ok I have finally figured out the latest issue. It was because the images were too big (about some mb as I took them with a DLSR). Seemed like they took long to load because of the size.
    Sorry for spamming the forum with this thread, but maybe some other novice in these things might use the solutions I figured out today and save a day of work...