Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Different computer exp not working

Please help me solve this problem
My experiment is not working on the lab computer. I attach my exp.

File "C:\Users\cog\Downloads\opensesame_3.1.9-py2.7-win32-1\lib\site-packages\libqtopensesame\qtopensesame.py", line 734, in open_file
        experiment_path=os.path.dirname(path))
      File "C:\Users\cog\Downloads\opensesame_3.1.9-py2.7-win32-1\lib\site-packages\libqtopensesame\items\experiment.py", line 81, in __init__
        fullscreen=None)
      File "C:\Users\cog\Downloads\opensesame_3.1.9-py2.7-win32-1\lib\site-packages\libopensesame\experiment.py", line 137, in __init__
        string = self.open(string)
      File "C:\Users\cog\Downloads\opensesame_3.1.9-py2.7-win32-1\lib\site-packages\libopensesame\experiment.py", line 587, in open
        f = osexpreader(self, src)
      File "C:\Users\cog\Downloads\opensesame_3.1.9-py2.7-win32-1\lib\site-packages\libopensesame\osexpfile\_osexpreader.py", line 59, in __init__
        self._read_tarfile(format=u'r:gz')
      File "C:\Users\cog\Downloads\opensesame_3.1.9-py2.7-win32-1\lib\site-packages\libopensesame\osexpfile\_osexpreader.py", line 153, in _read_tarfile
        os.rename(from_name, to_name)
    WindowsError: [Error 123] The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect

Comments

• Hi Matanel,

That's a very strange error. I don't know where it comes from, although it seems to have something to do with the character encoding used by the Windows file system.

A few questions:

• On this computer, does this happen with all experiments that contain files in the file pool?
    • Is it a Hebrew version of Windows?

Cheers,
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• Thank you for replying to my previous message.

This is the same print screen of my problem. I don't understand why I can't open that experiment. I don't have this problem on a different computer, and on this computer, I succeeded to open a different experiment.

I think my windows is an English version

• Hi @hadaskni,

Does the same problem occur if you open another experiment that has some files in the file pool?

Cheers!
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• No, I can open another experiment with files in the file pool.

• I've succeeded to fix it!!! The problem was the Hebrew file names in the file pool. Once I changed the names to English it worked!!

Thanks!!

• Thanks for sharing that info. That sounds like a bug, and I'll see if I can reproduce it.

And glad to hear that you worked it out!

cogsci.nl/smathot

• It was indeed a character-encoding bug. It should be solved in the latest prerelease of 3.2.0 (currently 3.2.0a22). Would you mind giving this a test drive?

cogsci.nl/smathot

• I've tried to run the new version with Hebrew file names. Now I see the file name in Hebrew but it crashes because it's cant use the first file for some reason (the file name: "שקופית1.png")

• Thanks for pointing this out again. What if you try 3.2.0a26 or later? It should be completely fixed now.

cogsci.nl/smathot