Welcome!

Sign in with your CogSci, Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.

Or register to create a new account.

We'll use your information only for signing in to this forum.

Supported by

OpenSesame crashes upon editing script

Hi all,

I'm working my way through the OpenSesame tutorials and arrived at a portion where we're to edit a portion of the script. However, upon clicking within the script, the program hangs and I get a "Python has stopped working" popup. A little tinkering reveals that this isn't limited to that particular experiment but occurs whenever I try to edit the script. Running a Lenovo ThinkPad with Win10 and OpenSesame 3.1.9. I have both Python 3.5 and 3.6 on my computer at the moment, but I think OpenSesame is hooked into 3.6.

Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• An update: Just interacting with notes seems to cause OpenSes to freeze.

• sebastiaansebastiaan Posts: 2,889

Hi,

I have both Python 3.5 and 3.6 on my computer at the moment, but I think OpenSesame is hooked into 3.6.

OpenSesame (if you use the Windows packages) comes with its own Python environment, which is entirely separate from any other Python environments that you may have on your system. Which OpenSesame package did you install? The default Python 2.7, or the one based on Python 3.5?

In either case, this sounds like an bug in the underlying GUI libraries (Qt), which will be very difficult to resolve. A better bet is probably to try the latest prerelease of OpenSesame (3.2), which comes with many updated libraries, including an updated version of Qt.

Does this problem still occur with OpenSesame 3.2?

Cheers!
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot