Welcome!

Sign in with your CogSci, Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.

Or register to create a new account.

We'll use your information only for signing in to this forum.

Supported by

Voice recording leads to crashing

mattmatt Posts: 1

A few months ago I made a program that utilizes the microphone to initiate the next screen throughout the experiment. It has worked without issue for for a while. However, recently (I have not used it in the last three months) the microphone does not seem to trigger the next screen but eventually the program will start buffering (I'm not sure if is is in response to a sound or not). The buffering can take a minute of two and then the next screen will appear, however, after a few screens of this eventually the buffering takes so long the whole program crashes. I have already tried running the program on a different computer with the same result.
I really have no idea what could be wrong as the program is completely unchanged from three months ago where it ran fine.
I would really appreciate any insight anyone could offer.

Comments

• sebastiaansebastiaan Posts: 2,889

Hi Matt,

Without more details, it's not really possible to know what might be going on. Could you attach the experiment here?

In the meanwhile, a trivial explanation might be that the microphone is muted, or that the recording level is set very low, so that the voicekey (however you have implemented that) is never triggered. Are you sure it's not simply that?

Cheers!
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot