Welcome!

Sign in with your CogSci, Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.

Or register to create a new account.

We'll use your information only for signing in to this forum.

Supported by

double click to get response

Hey OpenSesame Help,
I have made some questionnaires in loops which seem to work, however, the person has to press the same key twice in order to input the response. Is there a reason this might be happening? I attached my code already to another discussion. There have been some changes which make it work for 'going to the next field'. Do you want the updated code? This problem was in the older code as well and I haven't been able to figure out why yet.

Comments

• sebastiaansebastiaan Posts: 2,889

Hi Patricia,

This usually happens when you have set the duration of a sketchpad to 'keypress' (which requires one keypress to advance), and then have this followed by a keyboard_response (which requires a second keypress). Is that it?

See also:

Cheers!
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• Hi Sebastian, I have keypress in sketchpad and in keyboard_response I have the keys they are allowed to select. Should I only have the keys they are allowed to select and delete keypress from the sketchpag?

• Just tested it out and that does not seem to be the issue. I removed 'keypress' from the sketchpad and it still takes to clicks for each answer to be accepted. This is weird.

• I noticed that even though I deleted 'keypress', unless there is a value, the program will put the word 'keypress' back in. No wonder it didn't work. I input the value '0' and it seems to be working. Thanks for your help.

• This is all fixed now. Thanks a bunch Sebastian. You are always so helpful.

• sebastiaansebastiaan Posts: 2,889

Good to hear!

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot