Welcome!

Sign in with your CogSci, Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.

Or register to create a new account.

We'll use your information only for signing in to this forum.

Supported by

Python crashes consistently

EvaEva Posts: 27

For some reason everytime I try to run an experiment Python crashes I get the following message:

"Python seems to have crashed. This should not happen. If Python crashes often, please report it on the OpenSesame forum."

Comments

• I had the same issue that I solved updating psychopy. Maybe it is the same for you.
    Try and let me know!

• EvaEva Posts: 27
    edited January 19

Thanks, can I do this via the opensesame intrface? I'm trying to find it but can't..

• sebastiaansebastiaan Posts: 2,950

Hi Eva,

Could you provide some more information?

• What operation system do you use?
    • What version of OpenSesame?
    • When exactly does the experiment crash? I.e. does it crash immediately, or does it first run for a while? And does it always crash at the same moment?
    • Do all experiments crash in this way, or only this particular experiment?

Cheers!
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

edited January 22

Hi Sebastiaan,
    Of course!

1. Windows
    2. Latest version of OpenSesame (checked for updates and then it reaffirms there are none)
    3. Yes, immediately basically on the first "instructions page" which is a form_text_display, it loads normally but when you try to click the "ok" button it crashes
    4. Yes, also experiments that first worked normally.

Hope this helps :)
    Eva

Ok I tried some more, I just programmed a totally new experiment that essentially worked without crashing (though I just piloted a very simple test version). It could be that since for this experiment I basically adapted an old experiment script that was programmed in a different version that it crashed?
    Also the ones I mentioned in 4. were I think originally programmed in an older version.

Ok somehow it works today -- guess just had to restart the pc.. always the same