Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Sending triggers from Raspberry Pi with OpenSesame through serial port

Dear all,

I am using Raspberry Pi 3 in an experimental setup and I use the OpenSesame to build my experiment. Now I would like to send triggers from OpenSesame to EEG and Eye Tracker. Would it work to use a USB to parallel / serial adapter and send the triggers via serial port plugin?

I would be happy to hear suggestions or comments if anybody has experience with RPi 3 and EEG / Eyetracker.

Thank you!

Comments

• Hi Icecream,

If you have a device that accepts serial-port input, then you could definitely use a USB-to-serial adapter. There is no serial-port plugin for OpenSesame, as far as I know anyway, but you can use the Python serial module:

I'm guessing that you can do the same with a USB-to-parallel adapter, but I've never seen one or heard from anyone using it. They do exist though, and I suspect that, if they work with the RPi3, that you can use it for example with the parallel_port_trigger plugin. But I would first verify that these adapters are Linux-compatible!

Cheers!
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot