Welcome!

Sign in with your CogSci, Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.

Or register to create a new account.

We'll use your information only for signing in to this forum.

Supported by

Python Crash

So my experiment is crashing everytime I run it and I can't figure out why. This is the error message:

Stopped

The experiment did not finish normally for the following reason:

Python seems to have crashed. This should not happen. If Python crashes often, please report it on the OpenSesame forum.
Details

item-stack: ``
time: Wed Jan 31 11:07:38 2018
Dismiss this message

Comments

• eduardeduard Posts: 1,115

Hi Sara,

Well, it is hard to say what happened there. What version of opensesame do you use? And which operating system? Can you upload your experiment? I can have a look, but you can also try to simplify your experiment step-by-step until it doesn't crash any more.

Edurad

• I've uploaded my experiment (see attached), If you're able to have a look at it. This is my first time using OpenSesame so I'm sure that it would be possible to simplify the experiment, I'm just not sure how.

Many Thanks,
    Sara

• rachg01rachg01 Posts: 6

Same issue here. I open an experiment and it keeps on crashing.

• eduardeduard Posts: 1,115

Hi Sara,

Is your experiment crashing, right in the beginning after your pressed run? I just tried it and it seems to run fine, but then, I haven't tried it until the end.

If it does run for a little while, you can try to find out at which point it crashes and whether to what part in your experiment this is related. If you can't find it, it also helps, to simplify your experiment and make it gradually more complex. While doing so, you can then see at which step the crashing starts occuring.

Eduard

• sebastiaansebastiaan Posts: 2,959

Hi guys,

This issue seems to affect quite a few people. I opened a new discussion for it, which also includes a (temporary) workaround:

Cheers!
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot