Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Timing control

Hi Everyone,
i'm trying to build an experiment which measure the effect of interruptions. Therefore i need that while the participant is searching for elements on the screen (he clicks on them), a new picture appear on the screen. I succeeded to make appear the new picture after that the participant found some elements (with an online script), but i wish that the new picture appear after some time and not some actions (clicks).
How could i do that while open sesame works sequentially?

Thank you,

Paul

Comments

• Hi Paul,

The trick is to set the timeout of the keyboard response to a very low number. Like that Opensesame won't wait for a long time until a click occurs, but just keeps on running code. If you have all the code in a while loop, Opensesame keeps on looping, briefly waiting for a keypress and then continue looping. Now, you can add a timer to the while loop that keeps track of how much time has already passed. So, at this step it should be easy to invoke an if statement that presents a new image after a certain time has passed.

Does that make sense? Let me know if you get stuck.

(and sorry for the late reply...)

Eduard