Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Two participants at once

My experiment is a visual search task, designed to be run on two participants at once. In two blocks, participants will have to search for the same target, but in two blocks they will have to search for different targets, but still determine whether these are present/absent. I know from the intermediate tutorial how to run a search task, but I'm not sure how to have two separate tasks running alongside each other. We're also using a database of images, but I'm also not sure how to put those in separate categories (as there are target and distractor images) and have these appear randomly. Is there anywhere that explains how to do any of this?

Thanks

Comments

• Hi,

I don't fully grasp the setup of your design. Are participants performing the task at the same time? And if so are the computers to be linked? Or do you just want to have the same order of trials for all participants?

We're also using a database of images, but I'm also not sure how to put those in separate categories

The easiest way is categorize images is by filename. E.g. if one image is always a target, but target in the filename, then you can select all files, that have target in the filename as potential target images. With a concrete example that will be a little clearer. Have a look at the beginner's tutorial, to get an idea how image names can be used efficiently.

Eduard