Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

name 'end_time' is not defined

Hi,

I am sorry for probably stupid question. I am absolute beginner in Python (or rather I am starting to learn it from scratch) and I want to change some script related to the experiment I am conducting. I am able to change basic stuff like instructions etc., but I am struggling with changing the stimuli. My goal is to replace current pictures by different ones. I deleted the old ones and uploaded the new ones to the file pool (plus replaced them in the initial file in PC) and also changed the names of the files in loop (so it should refer to these). I am probably terribly wrong, because it displays this error:

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\libopensesame\inline_script.py", line 102, in run
self.experiment.python_workspace._exec(self.crun)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\libopensesame\python_workspace.py", line 161, in _exec
exec(bytecode, self._globals)
File "", line 105, in
NameError: name 'end_time' is not defined

Do you have any idea what could be wrong?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hi Anysha,

If the experiment worked before and you just changed the file names and files, this error shouldn't occur (as it has nothing to do with images per se). However, from the error message itself it is hard to say what is going on. Would you mind uploading your experiment, so that we could have a look?

Btw. With which version did you write the experiment and with which one do you currently edit it? This might be relevant.

Thanks,
    Eduard