Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Randomly presentation of a questionnaire's statements

Hi everyone,
I have to present a 13 item questionnaire on the PC screen. Questions should be presented one at time but the order of presentation is random. How can I do this using OpenSesame?
Thanks a lot,

Mariano

Comments

• Hi Mariano,

If you open the Questionnaire Template when you start OpenSesame then you can see how this is done!

Cheers,
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• Hi sebastiaan,
    Thank you very much!
    Mariano

• edited April 9

Hello Mariano,

You could do it this way, first creating a new_loop with your question (select random order) such as:

Then creating a form in the inline presenting the questions as label and a TextInput to collect answers.

input_response = TextInput(stub=u'Answer here', var=u'answer', return_accepts=True)
    label_question= Label(var.Question)
    my_form = Form(exp, rows=2, cols=1)
    my_form.set_widget(label_question, (0, 0))
    my_form.set_widget(input_response, (1, 0))
    my_form._exec()

Best

Edit: sorry for the some reasons did not see Sebastian already answered. By the way maybe I am the only one concerned, but often I do not see the whole posts on a thread on safari (osx), while I just realized they appear in firefox. Odd.