Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Can't save experiment

Hi!
I'm new to OpenSesame. While going through the second tutorial, I couldn't save my experiment anymore.

This error message occurred:
" Failed to save file. Error: [Error 3] Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden: u'c:\users\inga_\appdata\local\temp\tmpdingko.opensesame_pool\.' "
The german part says: The system can't find the mentioned path.

Could anyone help me, please?
Thanke :) Inga

Comments

• Hi Inga,

Did this by any chance happen after OpenSesame had been open for a very long time?

Cheers,
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• Hi Sebastiaan,

yes indeed.

Best, Inga

• It seems that the temp folder, which is used by OpenSesame for the file pool, is cleaned up automatically after a while. However, my understanding is that Windows never does this automatically, which suggests that some other software is doing this.

Do you have some special clean-up software installed? Or are you using a University system where the system admins may have installed something like that?

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• Yes, there could be something within the software which I'm using for accessing my university server.

So, I reckon, I'll have to save my experiments more often.

• I have the same issue, and am running no clean-up software I am aware of. The only thing I'm using is Sophos, and I can't find any options in there related to flushing the temp folder.

• Hi Vincent,

Is this also after OpenSesame has been running for a long time? And if so, how long approximately? And what version of Windows are you using?

Cheers,
    Sebastiaan

cogsci.nl/smathot

• Hi Sebastiaan,
    Thank you for looking into this!
    Yes, it occurs after a long time of running OpenSesame. My heuristic feeling is it occurs when I have been
    working on an experiment, doing something else for, say, an hour, then coming back to it, work on it some more and then try to save again. I'm using Windows 10 and OS 3.2, the issue was also present in OS 3.1
    Best,
    Vincent

• First, can you confirm that you have enabled 'Delete temporary files that my apps aren't using' under 'Storage Sense' in the Windows settings? I suspect that this is the culprit (it's a relatively new feature of Windows).

Second, could you try the latest 3.2.3 prerelease and let me know if this resolves the issue?

Thanked by 1Vincent

cogsci.nl/smathot

• Sorry for the delay, I was out of office. It looks like the Windows-settings-thing has done the trick, thank you ever so much. If I should run into the issue again, I'll update in this thread.