Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Split data by more than one factor without multiple spreadsheets

I don't know if I'm being stupid or not... I've been using JASP for a few months now and it has been incredibly helpful for work and studying. I was wondering if you could split a file for descriptives (or correlations and regressions) without having to create two separate spreadsheets and run the data twice? This is what I have been doing and it is quite onerous so I was hoping there might be an easier way.

For example, I have a dataset that has gender and income data, as well as the more pertinent info. Can I run a correlation or even just the descriptives where it splits the data into gender groupings, and then those groupings into income bands before calculating?

Does this make sense?

Thanks!

Comments

• Dear jpoll,

So you have been using the "split" functionality but you would like to use multiple factors, is that correct? Right now you can only split either by gender OR by income class. If you want to split by both you'd have to create a new column with "rich women", "rich men", "poor women", "poor men". Is this what you mean?

E.J.