Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

How to Log Events in EDF File (Eyetracking)

Hello CogSci Forum,

I am currently coding an eyetracking experiment and running into some difficulties figuring out how to log events to the EDF file (which is converted into an ASC file).

I noticed that when using the plugins for eye tracking (like the start recording) the message associated with it (start_trial) shows up in the EDF file along with a "time stamp".

I would like to log events such as stimulus presentation, auditory presentation, etc in order to temporally follow events in the experiment similar to the "start_trial" example mentioned above.

I have used several iterations of the eyetracker.log() function. These include: EyeTracker.log(), exp.pygaze_eyetracker.log(), eyetracker.log() with no success.

I have tried using the EyeTracker.status_msg() function as well and it prints the message I type in, but only in the debug window.

I would like to synthesize the logged events to the EDF file for it would make life much easier for interpreting the data of the experiment.

Am I missing something? How do I log messages into the EDF file?

Thanks for your time and help!

Comments

• I should also mention that I am trying to log these messages to the EDF file via inline script.