Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Timing issues

Hi everybody,

I am facing some timing issues with my experiment. For my experiment I have imported some images and changed them to a single color using an array. But when I run my experiment, it seems my computer is having a hard time processing all the information, resulting in timing issues. Especially when the experiment displays the 8 different images, it needs too much time.
I have tried several things now, including putting as much as possible code in the prepare phase, but these seemed only to have a limited effect. Or maybe the problem could be in me using abundant code.

I have attached (a short version) of my experiment to this post.
It would be wonderful if anyone could help me by looking at my code, or just by giving me advice or tips about which direction to go. Thank you for your help!

BJ

Comments

• Hey BJ,

you could also put this in the prepare phase

fixation1 = visual.GratingStim(win, size=15, pos=[0,0], sf=0, color='yellow', mask='circle')

But i did not understand what's the problem. Could you explain further what exactly happens that you do not want? And what is the aimed thing?

• Hi DahmSF,

Thank you for your comment. I now notice the experiment seems to run smoothly in full window, but not in 'run in window' or quick run, which is the way I was testing the experiment in. I don't know the exact reason for this, but as long as it runs smoothly in full window, I'm happy!
    Thanks for your help!