Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Experiment runs on mac, doesnt run on windows, 'out of memory' error

Hi guys,

I'm having a very strange problem with my experiment. I programmed it on a mac and it works fine, but when trying to run in on a windows computer, towards the end of the experiment (after 2/3 of the items have been presented) it crashes and spits out an 'out of memory' error. I programmed it and am running it in the latest version of opensesame (3.2.5). I am running it using legacy, but I tried all other back-end settings and it still doesn´t work. In the experiment, participants frist see a video, then a sentence (presented in a self-paced reading manner), and then answer a question. The sequence is called 108 times. I tried converting the videos from mp4 to avi, the problem persists. I re-wrote the experiment from scratch on a windows -- still doesn't work. since I am starting to lose my mind here, it would be great if anyone had any thoughts on what could be going wrong! I am attaching a link to the experiment as well. Thanks a lot in advance!

https://dropbox.com/s/k56rf793jc3fp5d/number1.osexp?dl=0

Comments

• Oh, and garbage collection is disabled (by default), I tried enabling it, still didn't work...

• Does it occur also on other windows machines? I am not sure whether this could be it, but I vaguely remember that there used to be a problem with experiment that use many videos. Basically they get all opened, but never closes, which causes a memory error after a while. But I don't remember whether it was ever solved...

sorry for not being of any better help.
    Eduard