Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

[open] defined variables in sequence without loop

edited June 2013 in OpenSesame

Hi,

sorry for my english, I'm frenc ;-).
Also, I'm juste get starting with open sesame and I'm in a kind of little stroke.
I want to present stimuli (two faces) to my participant and that they indicated me which one they prefere. I though to create a script in form_base in order to present the two faces and to use touch_response to collected the answers.
I have two problem now. I don't want to have mutliple cycles, so I tried to only make a sequence and of course, as I have understand, I can't defined easily my variables. And almost, I didn't found how to me it. Second, even I decided to modify the loop to get started to the last cycle, I don't have the data correctly on my .csv file.
I think it's because of the way I constructed my XP. I have placed my logger at the end of my sequence and not the experiment but the only data that I have is the answer for the third and the last form_base.
So my questions are: can I make a sequence without loop and defined in an another way my variable?
And do you know why I just have the data for the last form_base?

Thank you very much for your help!

Comments

• edited 11:37PM

I found a way to fix my problem for the moment and to design my experiment.
    Besides, if you have answers for my questions I'm interested.
    Thanks.

Bienvenue!

So my questions are: can I make a sequence without loop and defined in an another way my variable?

In principle yes, you could set your variables through an inline_script item (link). However, the easiest way is simply to use a loop of 1 cycle to define your variables.

And do you know why I just have the data for the last form_base?

Probably, your form_base plug-ins store responses in the same variables. To nevertheless log all your data, you could a) insert a logger item after each form or b) use different variables for the different forms.

You can do b) with the var keyword, as demonstrated here:

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

Thank you very much for your so fast answer! It was really helpfull. I have almost done to design my experiment!

You're welcome and good luck with your study! :-bd

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot