Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

How to setup a display counter?

Hi! I'm trying to setup a counter for my experiment but for some reason I can't get to display the time as it passes on the screen. I set up a inline script but on the Sketchpad I only get a static number that doesn't update as the time goes by. Please any help would be useful!

Comments

• Hi,

A sketchpad is by definition static. So if you want to show some kind of animation, then you would do this by presenting a series of sketchpads or, in an inline_script, with a series of Canvas.show() calls.

What exactly do you want to do? Do you want to have a continuous timer visible on the screen while the experiment progresses? Or something different?

Cheers,

Sebastiaan

• Exactly. A continuous timer on the corner, or the center of the screen as the time of the experiment progress.

• Hi,

A continuous timer is not possible, for the reason I mentioned above, namely that sketchpads are static. So you could include a timestamp on each sketchpad, but that would only be updated whenever a new sketchpad is shown. So that may not be satisfactory.

A pragmatic alternative might be to run the experiment in a window, and have some clock app run in a window next to it. Would that be an option?

Cheers,

Sebastiaan