Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

[solved] Recording the serial number of randomized textual stimuli

edited August 2013 in OpenSesame

Hello,

My name is Nemanja. I am sorry to bother you, but i have one question about the logger. I am trying to make an experiment in which words are randomly presented on the screen. I am collecting reaction time and value of response key. In this experiment, I defined a new variable, and all words are written in it. Therefore, the main problem is that I cannot record the serial number of randomized stimuli. For example, if the word "dentist" is at first place in the variable, but presented in 26th iteration of the loop, I will have only that number (26-order of the word), but not the serial number. I assume that this should be rather easy thing to do... I do not know why, but I still cannot solve it. Once more, I am sorry to bother you with such simple question.

Thank you in advance,

Nemanja

Comments

• edited August 2013

Hi Nemanja,

If I understand correctly, you could simply add another variable for the numbers corresponding to the words. If you feel you'd like to know more, though, please elaborate :)

Best,

Edwin

• edited 8:15AM

Hi Edwin,
    I am grateful for the immediate response. I have managed to do it like that, I have even thought of it, but something distracted me. Thank you once more!
    Nemanja :)