Welcome!

Sign in with your CogSci, Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.

Or register to create a new account.

We'll use your information only for signing in to this forum.

Supported by

[solved] Can I change the order of variables in the logger?

frankanayetfrankanayet Posts: 45
edited January 2012 in OpenSesame

Hi Sebastiaan, it seems that in the script the logged variables are ordered alphabetically, but in the file the order changes so that some custom variables are in the first columns and then the automatic variables get logged, is it possible to manipulate the order of the columns?

Comments

• sebastiaansebastiaan Posts: 2,812
    edited 9:58AM

Hi Frank,

No the order of the variables is fixed, although my intention was to have it completely alphabetic (so the fact that custom variables come first is a minor bug).

Do you think it would be useful to make the order customizable? What would be the benefit? My feeling is that it's best to keep it as simple as possible. And if it's alphabetic the user should be able to find their variables quite easily, even in a large log-file. But this is all open to revision, of course.

Regards,
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• frankanayetfrankanayet Posts: 45

Hi Sebastiaan, it is not a major problem and it actually came motivated by the fact that custom variables were first. If everything was alphabetically i wouldn't even have come up with the question.

Frank

Hi Frank,

I'm fixing some of the minor outstanding bugs, but I can't reproduce this one (i.e., in my test experiment the custom variables are also logged alphabetically). Do you happen to still have the experiment lying around (or some variation that also causes the bug), so I can take a look at what went wrong?

Regards,
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

Marking as solved.

cogsci.nl/smathot