Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

problems setting the timeout. Help!

Hello everyone, I´m trying to set the timeout in a specific way but I dont know how, I need the timeout to be independen of the response, let me explain, I have two allowed responses in the experiment and I need that the time between each stimuli to be stable no matter the response, but the stimuli time changes if a response is given and I need it to change at 1500 milliseconds constantly. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Hi AlexC98,

Do you mean that the delay of 1500 ms is the duration between the beginning of the exposure of the user to a stimulus and the beginning of the exposure to the next one, or the delay between the end of the exposure of a stimulus and the beginning of the next one ?

Cheers,

Gérard

• Hi gerhono,

1500ms is the duration between the beginning of the exposure of the user to a stimulus and the beginning of the exposure to the next one, or thats what I need, but the time changes if a response is given, and I need it to always be 1500ms no matter how fast the response is.

Greetings,

Alex

• Hi Alex,

Set the duration of the first sketchpad to 0, then add a keyboard response item set to 1500ms (it will terminate once a response has been given), then you can add a feedback item whose duration is set to 1500- response time and that shows the same information as the sketchpad before. Like so, it will always show the stimulus for the same duration.

Does that make sense?

Eduard

• Hi Alex and Eduard,

Building on Alex's response of December 4, I had the same idea but I found that it does not work in such a simple design. For instance, the feedback item does not accept that value. Going further, I tried a user variable for the delay. Roughly, it works, but the value of the delay must be corrected because it may become negative. A demo is attached.

Cheers,

Gérard