Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

BAIN error

Hi folks

I have started playing around with the BAIN module after writing a Bayesian ANOVA tutorial but seem to keep getting an error (attached). Am I just using the wrong syntax?

Cheers

Mark

Comments

• Hi Mark,

Sorry for the tardy reply. I'll ask Koen Derks. Maybe it's a known issue.

Cheers,

E.J.

• Hi,

There does not appear to be an image in your post. Can you provide either that, or the .jasp file that produced the error?

Best,

Koen

• Hi Koen - here it is

• Hi Mark,

This is an error message that comes directly from the Bain package instead of JASP and occurs when the package does not recognize the grouping names from the hypotheses in the data. However, I think it could be due to the space in you group names (e.g., drug A and drug B). Might I suggest trying to change those two group names into for example drugA and drugB and trying again. I will make a note and fix in the next release.

Let me know how this works out for you.

Best,
    Koen

• Even though Bain is cool, the B) smiley should be a "B )"

• Hi Koen

Still doesn't like it :-(

However if i leave the constraints box empty it does still give a default hypothesis result.

Mark

• Hi Mark,

Can you send me the dataset, or tell me which data set you have used? Maybe I can try to replicate it and find a solution.

Koen

• Thanks. What seemed to work for me what changing the values of "Drug A" and Drug B" in the .csv file. Apparently bain cannot handle those spaces well. Mental note is made.

Here is the .csv file I used (with changed values)

Let me know if this works out.

• If not, may I suggest that you download the try (nightly) version of JASP at http://static.jasp-stats.org/Nightlies/. I definately got it to work there! Can send you the output if you don't get it working.

• Seems to work when removing the space and running last nights .msi

Cheers

Mark

• Alright, good! Sorry for the hassle, in the next release of JASP Bain will get rid of it "Beta" status and these issues will be fixed.