Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Problem with TobiiSDK and PyGaze

While I have been using OpenSesame for a while, I have just attempted to start it running with my Tobii Pro X3-120.

I programmed the experiment up, and it works (with dummy tracker), but when I initialize the Tobii tracker, I am getting error messages.

Just to be clear, I downloaded the Tobii SDK, and copied the 'tobiiresearch.py' and 'tobiiresearch' folder into the _eyetracker directory...it seems to run some of the SDK, but then gives me a message saying it is unable to find the tobii_research_interop module from tobiiresearch.interop.python2. The file is there (as is the Python3 folder, which interop.py also checks), so I am at a loss at why it wont initialize?

I do have Python 3.6.8 installed, latest PyGaze, and have also installed the SDK using pip, but still no joy, does anyone have an idea why this isnt working?

Comments

• Here is the syntax from debug:

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\share\opensesame_plugins\pygaze_init\pygaze_init.py", line 217, in run

**kwdict)

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\pygaze\eyetracker.py", line 91, in __init__

from pygaze._eyetracker.libtobii import TobiiProTracker

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\pygaze\_eyetracker\libtobii.py", line 9, in <module>

import tobii_research as tr

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\pygaze\_eyetracker\tobii_research.py", line 2, in <module>

from tobiiresearch.interop import interop

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\pygaze\_eyetracker\tobiiresearch\interop\interop.py", line 13, in <module>

from tobiiresearch.interop.python2 import tobii_research_interop

ImportError: No module named tobiiresearch.interop.python2

• The Tobii Python modules shoudn't be copied into PyGaze sub-folders, but are a standalone module. Hence, they should be installed in the site-packages directory like any other module. (Follow Tobii's installation directions.)