Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

[solved] incorrect timing of last sketchpad in a loop

edited January 2012 in OpenSesame

Hi everyone,

For some reason when I run my exp on my windows machine the last sketchpad in a loop is displayed for longer than it's designated 120 ms, this does not happen on an Ubuntu machine, any Ideas?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53996580/lateral_number_priming_parity_test_ver3.opensesame.tar.gz

Comments

• edited January 2012

FYI,
    I've checked on a different win xp computer and there is no problem, I would still like to know if anybody has any ideas but keep in mind it's a computer specific problem.

• edited 10:01AM

Hi Ezerkar,

Glad to hear that you worked it out, but I'll nevertheless take a look at it to see what's going on.

Thanks for reporting this!

Regards,
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

Thanks,

Ezer

Right, I see. The reason why the timing was a bit off is that each sequence is prepared in advance. But an entire loop (ie., multiple sequences) is not prepared in advance. Therefore, at the end of a sequence there may be a small delay while the next sequence is being prepared. This delay varies, depending on the speed of the computer, the back-end, and the complexity of the stimuli that need to be generated.

In other words, OpenSesame tries to optimize timing within a sequence, but not across sequences. Does this make sense?

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

Yes, this makes a lot of sense. If I understand correctly, I could place a blnk sketchpad at the end of every loop and this will be the only thing chnged when running on diffrent computers.

Thanks
    Ezer

Yes, exactly! That's what I usually do as well.

cogsci.nl/smathot