Welcome!

Sign in with your CogSci, Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.

Or register to create a new account.

We'll use your information only for signing in to this forum.

Supported by

[solved] opensesamerun & media_player plugin

kirillkirill Posts: 10
edited February 2012 in OpenSesame

Hi Sebastian,

when running through the OpenSesame GUI my experiment works fine, but when I try to run it GUI-less through command line, I get an error that "media_player" plugin is not found for your system (I'm using WinXP).

Can you take a look please.

--Kirill

Comments

• sebastiaansebastiaan Posts: 2,737
    edited 4:56AM

Hi Kirill,

I just tried running an experiment that uses the media_player with opensesamerun.exe and it worked for me. Could you perhaps give some more details on how exactly you call opensesamerun.exe? E.g., do you specify command line options to run the experiment directly? Do you run it from a terminal or by double clicking in explorer? Etc.

Regards,
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• kirillkirill Posts: 10

I run it from the command line directly with full path specified like this:

"C:\Program Files\OpenSesame\opensesamerun.exe" "\psf\Home\Desktop\sc_project\experiment\experiment.opensesame" -f

I must add that when I run the opensesamerun GUI and Browse... there, it works fine.
    I was just hoping to avoid using the GUI with a desktop icon or batch file (to launch the experiment directly)

• sebastiaansebastiaan Posts: 2,737

Ah right, I think I found the problem. The working directory isn't properly changed by opensesamerun.exe. I filed a bug on this: https://github.com/smathot/OpenSesame/issues/72

A workaround would be (I think — haven't tested it) to change the working directory yourself. You could, for example, create a batch file (my_experiment.bat or something) with the following contents:

cd "C:\Program Files\OpenSesame\"
    opensesamerun.exe "\psf\Home\Desktop\sc_project\experiment\experiment.opensesame" -f

Let me know if this works for you!

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

edited February 2012

Thanks, Sebastian, this works :)