Welcome!

Sign in with your CogSci, Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.

Or register to create a new account.

We'll use your information only for signing in to this forum.

Supported by

[solved] Playing a list of audio files

xuanxuan Posts: 6
edited February 2012 in OpenSesame

I'm running an auditory discrimination test. There are a couple of sound stimuli but the soundfile column only reads one.
How do I get the sampler to play them at random?
I am aware of the other discussion (http://forum.cogsci.nl/index.php?p=/discussion/22/solved-using-a-loop-and-the-sampler-tool-to-play-a-list-of-files#Item_4) but I have no idea how to add a [soundfile] column to the loop.

Comments

• xuanxuan Posts: 6
    edited 4:57AM

Ok, I think I know how to add the add the [soundfile] variable to the loop. The variable is named stimulus and I keyed the file names (e.g. pair 0_0, pair 0_10) in the loop under variable. I get the error runtime error with the description:failed to load sample in sampler 'stimulus':openexp._sampler.legacy.init() the file 'pair 0_10' does not exist. What went wrong? Thanks.

• xuanxuan Posts: 6

Figured it out. I left out the .wav when I entered the files. Thank you for this tool!

• sebastiaansebastiaan Posts: 2,737

Hi Xuan,

Thanks you for your interest in OpenSesame. And good to hear you figured it out by yourself!

Cheers,
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot