Welcome!

Sign in with your CogSci, Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.

Or register to create a new account.

We'll use your information only for signing in to this forum.

Supported by

[solved] mouseclick response to advance

xuanxuan Posts: 6
edited January 2014 in OpenSesame

how do I advance to the next item right away after a single mouseclick? I am using the sampler tool for my stimuli and the sketchpad as feedback (for about 750ms). The feedback only appears after I click twice to respond. Then, I have to click again to advance to the next item. Is there a way to have the feedback appear right after the mouseclick response and automatically advance to the next stimulus? Thank you in advance.

Comments

• sebastiaansebastiaan Posts: 2,737
    edited 4:55AM

Hi Xuan,

I suspect that you have the sampler wait for a button press, and also have a mouse_response following that. Hence two button presses are required. Is that correct?

The following sequence should work:

• sampler duration set to 0, so OpenSesame advances right away to the next item
    • mouse_response
    • feedback

Hope this helps!

Regards,
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• xuanxuan Posts: 6

Thank you for the prompt reply. After setting the sampler duration to 0, only one mouse response was needed. That's fixed =). But I still need to click to advance to the next item to play after the feedback. Do you mean using the feedback or sketchpad for giving feedback? I used sketchpad because I wanted to give immediate feedback after every trial.

• EdwinEdwin Posts: 635
    edited February 2012

Have you tried setting the sketchpad's duration? It sounds like it's still on 'buttonpress'.

• sebastiaansebastiaan Posts: 2,737

Hi Xuan,

Right, like Edwin says. Also, you way want to read the following entries in the documentation. They explain a bit more about how to handle responses and how to give feedback (notably the difference between sketchpad and feedback items).

Regards,
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• xuanxuan Posts: 6

Thanks Edwin and Sebastian,

I set the sketchpad's duration to 750 ms, which I mentioned earlier. On second thought, having the subjects to click before advancing helps them prepare for the next stimuli. Your information has been very helpful. Thank you.