Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

[solved] mouse coordinates with a touchscreen

edited May 2013 in OpenSesame

Hi everybody,

I am new to opensesame and new to this forum. I am developping a pointing task using a touchscreen and try to get the finger position using the mouse inputs. I already found outstanding help on this forum but I still have some troubles. Using inline scripts or the mouse response item, I get different coordinates if I allow the cursor to be visible or not. When pointing to the center of the screen, it seems that the coordinates are correct only when the cursor is visible. Obviously I would prefer to hide the mouse cursor during the experiment. Any idea about that?
Thank you very much.

Patrice

Comments

• edited 4:03AM

Hi Patrice,

As per great coincidence, I've been working on a task for a tablet-pc (an Asus B121 running Windows 7) today as well. What I found is that using PyGame my mouse coordinates were really messed up (it seemed like only a little window within the entire display was recognized as the entire display), but when using PsychoPy this problem wasn't there.

I have to admit that this wasn't using OpenSesame, but I do not expect OpenSesame to behave any different. Therefore you might want to try different back-ends (especially the psycho back-end) to see if that fixes your problem.

Mouse visibility is something I haven't tested, by the way. Might be something to try out as well for my task (so thanks for that tip!).

Good luck!

Edwin

Hi Edwin,

Thank you for the advice. It works much better with the PsychoPy back-end.

Patrice

That's great! I'll mark this as solved.