It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
When I try to use the constrain function as describes on the webpage ( adding "constrain [variable name] mindist = 3" in the general script, after all the setcycle commands) it deletes the whole block loop! Am I doing something wrong?
It seems you've taken the example to literally! The '[variable name]' part should be replaced by the actual name of a variable. For example, like so:
constraint word mindist=3
Note also that there are no spaces around the = sign.
Also, it's easier to edit the script for the item, instead of the General Script for the entire experiment. You can view the item script by selecting 'View script' at the top-right of the tab area.
There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
Thank you for your reply! I had indeed put the actual name of the variable in the script, I just wrote [variable name] for the sake of the question! So in my script, it read: "constrain fce_ID mindist = 4".
The problem was that I added spaced around the = sign. Editting that solved the problem