Avatar

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

MikeD

About

Username
MikeD
Joined
Visits
40
Last Active
Roles
Member
Thanked
0

Comments

  • Just as a general note, resampling it did seem to work. So your diagnosis of the problem seems correct. I'm not sure how much the trajectories are biased, but it now looks as expected. MT_EXP1 <- mt_import_mousetrap(d.EXP1,                    …
  • Hi Pascal, Thanks for the help and sorry for the late reply. I used the mt_resample function and I'm happy to say that nothing appeared to change because of it. I will keep this in mind for the future. Thank you!
  • Hi Pascal, Thank you again for your help and apologies for the delay in my response. The only issue I see with increasing the bin size is that it may unintentionally obscure differences in velocity peaks. For example, when using a bin size of 30ms,…
  • Hi Pascal, Thank you again for your assistance! I looked into the mt_angle function and was able to produce a plot and aggregated data. I just wanted to confirm that this workflow and output looks reasonable. MT_EXP1 <- mt_import_mousetrap(d.EXP…
  • Hi Pascal, If it helps, I can provide the data. What method would be easiest? I replaced y = "vel" with y = "xpos" and got a similar problem (pictured below). My code followed the same work flow as above. http://forum.cogsci.nl…
  • Hello, Sorry for the trouble but I have another velocity question. Sometimes when I create velocity plots, they have broken segments within them. For example, when I create this plot using averaged bin sizes of 30ms, I get the following discontinuo…
  • Hi Pascal, I just read your paper using AOI (Szaszi, Palfi, Szollosi, Kieslich, & Aczel, 2018) that you cited earlier in this discussion. I really liked the techniques used therein and think they'll be quite valuable. In your post above, you…
  • Thank you for all your assistance!
  • Hi Pascal, Thank you for the helpful response! I have a couple of follow-up questions. Regarding velocity (1): I noticed that you did not include the remapping code. MT <- mt_remap_symmetric(MT) Should remapping be skipped for velocity…
  • Thank you Pascal! You have been extremely generous with your time and patience in answering questions I should have figured out on my own. I look forward to reading your forthcoming mouse-tracking papers and to (hopefully) the development of a MT…
  • I'm hoping that while we are having this conversation I can push my luck and ask one more question. I've been uncertain about whether or not I've been processing time-sensitive measures (like velocity) appropriately. Previously when I aggregat…
  • Hi Pascal, First off, thank you for taking the time to answer my (numerous!) questions. I really appreciate it! I suspect your mousetrap work will explode in popularity and will soon need its own forum for questions. Also, thank you for connecting …
  • Please note that in question 3 the last line of code mistakenly says MT_DATA_FLINT. That is a typo (and not the source of the error). It should be MT_DATA that gets passed into mt_plot. Apologies.
  • Hi Pascal, Thank you for the quick reply. The workaround functioned perfectly. Thank you so much for the helpful and speedy reply!
  • Thanks again Pascal for your quick and helpful responses--to say nothing of developing the plugin to begin with! I have a couple unrelated questions--more about mouse-tracking nuances than problems. One, would you recommend putting the response o…
  • Hey Pascal, thanks for the suggestions and quick response! I tried what you suggested and it worked perfectly. Note, just in case someone else has a similar problem, I also tried inserting a line break into the text and that was good enough to di…
  • The variables are defined in the block loop as separate columns (i.e., a column for RESP1 with "definitely" within each row beneath it). setcycle 0 RESP1 DEFINITELY setcycle 0 RESP2 PROBABLY setcycle 0 RESP3 "PROBABLY NOT" setcycle 0 RESP4 "DEFIN…
  • Hi Pascal, Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, that is not the issue. All four buttons have unique names which correspond to unique values: [RESP1] = definitely [RESP2] = probably [RESP3] = probably not …