Welcome!

Sign in with your CogSci, Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.

Or register to create a new account.

We'll use your information only for signing in to this forum.

Supported by

Preconference workshops! OpenSesame and JASP at ESCoP, PyGaze at ECEM, and PsychoPy at ECVP

sebastiaansebastiaan Posts: 2,811
edited April 4 in Miscellaneous

It's that time of the year: deadlines of the summer conferences are approaching! Here are a few preconference workshops that you might be interested in, all hosted by members of this forum. (This year everything takes place in Germany, for some reason. But it should nevertheless be fun.)

OpenSesame workshop at ESCoP 2017

JASP workshop at ESCoP 2017

PyGaze (eye tracking in Python) workshop at ECEM 2017

PsychoPy workshop at ECVP 2017

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
cogsci.nl/smathot

Thanked by 2eduard Pascal

Comments

• PascalPascal Posts: 52

That's great! Just a minor note for those people interested in attending ESCoP. I will give a talk there on "Mousetrap: Open-source and cross-platform software for mouse-tracking data collection and analysis" in which the data collection part will focus on the mousetrap plugin for OpenSesame.

Thanked by 1sebastiaan
  • vienneseviennese Posts: 2

Is it possible to not attend the whole Conference but only the OpenSesame and JASP Workshops?

• sebastiaansebastiaan Posts: 2,811

@Pascal

I will give a talk there on "Mousetrap: Open-source and cross-platform software for mouse-tracking data collection and analysis" in which the data collection part will focus on the mousetrap plugin for OpenSesame.

Awesome!

@viennese

Is it possible to not attend the whole Conference but only the OpenSesame and JASP Workshops?

Maybe you could contact the organizers? I suspect it's possible but that they haven't made any specific arrangements for it, because they don't expect people to attend just the preconference events. But that's what you get if the preconference events are so great, of course!

Also it's unclear to me whether the OpenSesame and JASP workshops are going to be at the same time or not. I hope not!

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• akca_eceakca_ece Posts: 7

I would like to attend OpenSesami workshop at EsCop2017. I will not attend the conference but I want to attend the workshop. I have already contacted with the organizers and they don't make it a problem. Should I register for the workshop? If so, how can I register it independent from the conference?

@akca_ece Thanks for your interest. This is a bit unclear to me as well. I've asked the organizers, and I'll report back here.

For now, what I can say is: If you're there, then as far as I'm concerned you're more than welcome to attend the workshop in any case.

cogsci.nl/smathot

• PadPad Posts: 25

Hi @sebastiaan

Also it's unclear to me whether the OpenSesame and JASP workshops are going to be at the same time or not. I hope not!

Any news ?

Yes, thanks for reminding me. There was a miscommunication between ESCoP and me: I assumed that the conference would handle the registration, and they assumed I would. So I will open a registration form very soon.

For now, anyone who wants to join the OpenSesame workshop, just drop a line in this topic or send me an email. Registration is free, and you can join even if you don't attend the rest of ESCOP.

cogsci.nl/smathot

• PadPad Posts: 25

Will it be possible to attend both workshops ?

Will it be possible to attend both workshops ?

I hope so, but it depends on what the JASP people are planning to do (notably if their workshop lasts all day or not). I'm trying to coordinate that now.

Thanked by 1Pad

cogsci.nl/smathot

Fyi: You can now register for the OpenSesame and JASP workshops through this link: http://bit.ly/2skLRV7

You can attend both workshops (JASP in the morning and OpenSesame in the afternoon), and you can also attend them if you're not otherwise attending ESCOP!

cogsci.nl/smathot