Welcome!

Sign in with your CogSci, Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.

Or register to create a new account.

We'll use your information only for signing in to this forum.

Supported by

Open Sesame not launching

Hi everyone,

I've tried everything to get open sesame to launch. Run as administrator, working though cmd.exe but nothing gets it to load. I get a working cursor that stops after a while.

I'm currently using Windows 10 so I'm not sure if that's a problem. If you need any more information let me know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• sebastiaansebastiaan Posts: 2,813

Hi,

You might want to take a look at this discussion:

If you have further questions, could you post them there?

Cheers!
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for the reply. I've followed the command prompt instructions but when I get to "python Scripts\opensesame-script.py" the command prompt says that 'python' is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or bath file.

But this might be my own problem as I've never really delved into command prompt.

Thanks,
    Andy

• psychstudentpsychstudent Posts: 4
    edited November 2

I've had more of a try and a consistent warning I get is

"WARNING:root: message signing is disabled"

and then python stops working without any error message being displayed in command prompt

edited November 3

and then python stops working without any error message being displayed in command prompt

But I guess that Windows does give you a message along the lines of "python.exe stopped working", right? In that case, the Python interpreter crashes for some reason, which will be difficult to find out.

However, what happens if you try the latest prerelease of 3.2 (http://osdoc.cogsci.nl/3.2/), or if you try the packages based on Python 3 (instead of Python 2, which is the default)?

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• Hi,
    I'm facing the same problem, though the solution you suggested doesn't seem to work.
    When 'python Scripts\opensesame-script.py ' I get the following error

qtpy.PythonQtError : No Qt bindings could be found

• Here is a screenshot of the same.
    Could you help me out with this?

Hmm, I have never seen this error before, and it's not very informative either. As a first try, I would reinstall OpenSesame, to see if your current installation has simply been corrupted for some reason. If that doesn't solve the issue, I would launch python.exe, which is in the OpenSesame program folder, and see what happens if you directly import PyQt4:

from PyQt4 import QtCore, QtGui

This shouldn't give any errors, but I suspect it will give errors for you. If so, please post these errors here.

Cheers!
    Sebastiaan

image.png 20.6K

cogsci.nl/smathot