Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

[solved] Display logic for question forms

edited April 2016 in OpenSesame

Hello,

I have participants watch a video, afterwards I have them answer several questions about it. I am trying to set it so that based on their response to the first question (yes/no) they subsequently see two different sets of questions (each set of questions is embedded in a separate sequence). I tried to set the respective Sequence's display only if the response to the yes/no question was either yes or no. However, I'm not having any luck with this because I realized that I wasn't sure what to use since the multiple choice doesn't return a number value (I at first assumed that yes=1 no=0, is there a way to set it to this?). I have minimal coding experience and am doing this all through the GUI. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I'm happy to clarify if this is unclear.

Thank you!

Comments

• edited 5:30AM

Hi,

If the two possible answers to give to the first question are indeed yes and no (case sensitive), the logic for the subsequent run-if statements will be:

For the "yes" sequence:

[response] = yes

For the "no" sequence:

[response] = no

Note that here I assumed that the response variable in the corresponding form_multiple_choice item is set to response, and that this variable is not overridden by a subsequent item.

Hope this helps!

Good luck and let us know if you have any further questions!

Lotje

Hi Lotje,

Thank you, that's very helpful but unfortunately it's not working as of yet - I've created a mockup of what I have in the lab - on my computer at home: (http://img.cogsci.nl/uploads/5701a4a29a183.jpg) - please let me know if anything pops out that's clearly wrong. I tried playing around with having all the forms w/in a single sequence, but each one having the 'run if' categorization, but that also didn't work. Thank you again for your help!

Hi Lotje,

I got it to work - thank you very much!

Cheers,
    Mikael