Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

clock.sleep() function issues?

edited May 2016 in OpenSesame

Hi all,

So, I recently converted an experiment from OpenSesame 2.9.7 to the newest version. Note that the experiment was programmed with only Python script. That said, I had to change a few different functions (e.g. self.sleep() --> clock.sleep() ) during the process. Everything runs fine on my iMac, but my PI is having difficulty getting things running correctly on his Mac Pro. For some reason, some stimuli on his screen will not sleep for the specified amount of time. For example, if on my screen an image sleeps for 1000ms, it only briefly (~100ms) flashes on his screen. We are using the exact same script, so it is not an issue with experiment versions. Is this a known issue or am I missing something?

Best,
Nate

Comments

• edited 3:29AM

Hi Nate,

I've used the self.sleep() function in my own scripts in the newest versions of OpenSesame as well. Are you sure you need to change that into clock.sleep? Could it be that your PI is still using an older version of OpenSesame?

Cheers,

Joshua

• edited 3:29AM

Hi Nate,

that is weird, as the experiments should run in the same fashion on both Macs. Could you give the specs of both macs (or when they were released, e.g. "Late 2013"). What version is your PI on.
    I'd also recommend you to test the sleep() function with a very basic script. Just program a very simple experiment which uses the clock.sleep() function a couple of times, and determine if the problem still occurs. If it does, then it is definitely a problem of the combination of your PIs mac and opensesame.