Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Crash during experiment

edited May 2016 in OpenSesame

Hi,

For my experiment I run openSesame on a Samsung tablet. The respondents have to click on dots with the stylus of the tablet. However the experiment randomly crashes. When it crashes the whole software shuts down and the home screen of the tablet appears. All my data is lost then. I checked my experiment on the computer and here it is running fine.
Do you have any ideas what might be the reason?

Kind regards,
Jules

Comments

• edited 3:18AM

Hi Jules,

That is difficult to say without additional information. There should be a file on the tablet called opensesame-debug.txt probably on the /sdcard/ location that can tell you more about the cause of the crash. If you could post it here we can try to figure out what the issue is.

Best,
    Laurent

/sdcard/opensesame-autorun.yml
    /mnt/sdcard/opensesame-autorun.yml
    Launching resources/android/menu.osexp
    openexp.sampler._legacy.init_sound(): sampling freq = 48000, buffer size = 1024
    experiment.run(): experiment started at Tue May 24 13:19:05 2016
    opened /sdcard/opensesame-settings.txt for reading
    experiment_folder = /sdcard
    logfile_folder = /sdcard
    opened /sdcard/opensesame-settings.txt for writing
    experiment.run(): experiment finished at Tue May 24 13:19:22 2016
    Launching /sdcard/StarSimTest.osexp
    openexp.sampler._legacy.init_sound(): sampling freq = 48000, buffer size = 1024
    experiment.run(): experiment started at Tue May 24 13:19:24 2016

You mean this? The crash just happend again and I found this under /opensesame-debug.txt. I personally can not read it and I hope you can give me some more information.

Thank you anyway :)

Hi Jules,

Yes, that's the one. Seems fine though, but the native file explorers on tablets don't always show the correct file immediately (you could use ES File Explorer for example).

Could you check again if the file is unchanged or displays an error now? Or perhaps you can share the experiment somewhere? Does the experiment crash everytime?