Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

error: failed to load audio (picture) samples

edited May 14 in OpenSesame

Please, help! I can´t run the experiment, although everything seems to be coordinated. This is how the error message looks like

Comments

• Hi,

The error message indicates that Openseasame can't find your file 1.wav. Have you put it in the file pool?

Feel free to upload the experiment for us to to check it.

Eduard

• Hi!

Sure, I have it in the same folder as the experiment itself, it is called "__pool__". I've attached the experiment and would really appreciate if you could have a look at it! Thank you :)

• Your pool is empty. There are no files in it. Also, you don't want to pull the variable item_nr from the pool, but sentence_name. Does that make sense?

• edited May 15

Thanks for the advice, it worked with the audio, but now with the pictures, they are now displayed with a dotted line, although they should look differently. The audio is reproduced in a distorted, squeaky childish manner, although the pitch in the audio sampler cannot be lowered - I get an error message: "openexp._sampler.legacy.pitch should be a positive number". This is how the sketchpad looks. It says "image name [image] is unknown or variably undefined, using fallback picture", although I can see the pictures in the pool and when I press the "browse" key.

expectation

reality

• edited May 15

Thanks for the advice, it worked with the audio, but not with the pictures, they are now displayed with a dotted line, although they should look differently. This is the message I am getting: "[image] name is unknown or variably defined, using fallback image". The audio files are now represented in a distorted, childish, low-pitched manner, and when I am trying to set the pitch in the audio sampler to zero, I am getting an error message "openexp._sampler.legacy.pitch should be a positive number". This is strange, because I can see the pictures and audio files in the pool undistorted, and they are presented there, when I press the "browse" key to check that.

expectation

reality