Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Eye tracking tobii T120

Hi, I am currently working with a tobii t120 and OpenSesame 3.2.7 (Python 2.7.13), using a Windows 7 32bit. It is the first time that I use both and I am having problems with pygaze_init.

When I try to run the experiment, I receive the following Error message:

What does this error message means and is there a solution to this problem?

Your help will be very helpful!!

Simone

Comments

• Hi Simone,

It looks like the Tobii Pro SDK can't find you tracker. Is the T120 compatible with the Pro SDK? (And is it licensed for that?)

If the Pro SDK doesn't work, you could try the tobii-legacy backend, which doesn't require the Pro SDK.

Good luck!

Edwin

• In case it is compatible and licensed, here's my $ 0.02. We had experienced a similar issue with a Tobii Spectrum. This is related to the way in which the SDK automatically looks for eyetrackers and theoretically selects the first available one. For us, this threw an error, because a different Tobii eyetracker had previously been connected. My suspicion is that this is cached in wherever libtobii looks for it.

Our solution/workaround (that's a fine line) was to use libtobii's first method and add the serial number of our eyetracker to the settings.

Thanked by 1Edwin