Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

How to start OpenSesame

The first sentence of Step 1 of the beginner tutorial starts with "When you start OpenSesame, ..." but it doesn't say how to start the program. How do I do that?

Comments

• Hi GregReese,

Your question seems to indicate that your are not familiar with the computer environment. Is it right ?

Did you already download and install the OpenSesame program on your computer ?

Cheers,

Gérard

• Hi Gérard,

I installed OpenSesame with the command

pip install python-opensesame

As far as I can tell it installed. Now how do I run it?

Thank you.

Greg Reese

• Hi Greg,

I am sorry I can't help you further with the pip installation because I have installed the program with the Windows installer package.

If you are using another operating system (Linux ?) you will need assistance from Sebastiaan and his colleagues.

Cheers,

Gérard

• Hi Gerard,

I'm on Windows. Let me try installing it with the Windows installer package, as you did.

Greg Reese

• Gerard,

Okay, I used the Windows installer package, found the filet opensesame.bat and when I run it, I get the screen shown in the beginner's tutorial. Does that sound correct?

Thanks.

Greg Reese

• Hi Greg, Yes, that sounds correct. From there you can open an existing experiment or start a new one. NOrmally, there should also be a shortlink somewhere in the Menu, so that you don't have to navigate to the bat file always.

Eduard