Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Going back to previous components

Despite unticking the "allow workers to reload" box we have found that participants are about to press back (either by right hand mouse click or using the arrow next to the search bar) to return to retry already completed components. Is this a known issue and does anyone know if it can be fixed easily in JATOS?

Best wishes,

Verity

Comments

• edited November 6

Hi Verity,

As you say, going back on the browser is not reloading the component. We actually included this a feature, not a bug. Our idea was to allow things like looping over components or repeating them.

I see why this is not optimal though. We could add an option, say 'linear study flow', that prevents going back in the study's components. It would only be in the next release tough, so you'd need to have a bit of patience with it.

The good news is that if participants go back, it will all get recorded and documented on the results data.

Hope this helps

• Hi Elisa,

Thanks very much for your prompt reply. I can see how it would be helpful to be able to go back to previous components in some studies. The option to prevent this would be really helpful though. I hope you do manage to add it for the next release.

Best wishes,

Verity