Key Release crashes experiment
I am new to Open Sesame, and I have been building an experiment with the GUI. I have a problem in that I want to have a keyrelease toward the end of the trial, and Opensesame crashes. My trial sequence is as follows (please also see attached screenshot):
· hold_spacebar: A sketchpad with the instruction to hold the spacebar
· new_keyboard_response: records space keypress to start the next part of the trial
· new_sampler: plays an audiofile, duration 0
· audio: sketchpad that displays image whilst audio is playing
· frame 1 – 5: five sketchpads showing different images (83ms each)
· test: sketchpad of a test image.
· release_spacebar: participants should release the spacebar
· new_mouse_response: the cursor is shown, and participants respond by moving the mouse to a position on the ‘test’ sketchpad.
The aim is for participants to hold the spacebar down at the start of the trial, and keep it pressed until the test image is shown, after which they release the spacebar, and respond with the mouse. The timing of the spacebar press, release, and mouse response should also be recorded.
However, OpenSesame returns an error when the release_spacebar item is encountered:
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\Lib\site-packages\openexp\_keyboard\keyboard.py", line 227, in get_key_release
If the setting is set to keypress, then it is ok.
Any help to resolve this problem would be much appreciated.
Thank you in advance,