Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Customizing forms/questionnaires

I am starting programming a simple experiment with opensesame.I have watched your tutorials but afraid I need some help. I am dealing with the form options. I need to ask the participant a question such as " Please, type the code of the sample". The only possible responses options are three. I want to restrict the response to these three options and not let the code run if the participants type the wrong answer. How can I program this? So far, I am playing with the default form templates and I have installed questionnaires pluging (which by the way fails to load the pluging) but it doesn't´ work. I don´t find the way to set the text_input to my criteria. Any suggestions? Thank you

Comments

• Might be best to ask this in the OpenSesame forum then. I moved the topic for you.

• Hi,

I thought I was asking to the forum...where exactly did you sent it?

• It is now moved to the OpenSesame forum. You posted it in the Expyriment forum, which is also hosted on this website.

• Hi!

This web helped me figure out how to limit "accepted" characters for text input. The caveat is you need to build the form via an inline script.

https://osdoc.cogsci.nl/3.2/manual/forms/validation/

However, since you want to "exit" the program in case the subject selects a certain code, (I think) you will need to use the inline script anyways.

The code would be something like this:

if var.VARIABLE == 'CODE':

break

Hope this helps!

Cheers!