Welcome!

Sign in with your CogSci, Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.

Or register to create a new account.

We'll use your information only for signing in to this forum.

Supported by

Error with Tobii

katiewalshkatiewalsh Posts: 3
edited February 12 in OpenSesame

Hi, I am very new to both the Tobii and opensesame/pygaze, so hopefully I can provide enough information. I am using a Tobii t60 eyetracker. I have installed opensesame (windows installer one) on to my windows 10 machine and have manually replaced the current PyGaze package with the contents of the pygaze.zip (from here: http://www.pygaze.org/2017/09/pygaze-supports-tobii-pro-sdk/). When I attempt to run the pygaze template (with Tobii selected as the eyetracker) i get the following error:

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\libqtopensesame\misc\process.py", line 150, in run
    exp.run()
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\libopensesame\experiment.py", line 411, in run
    self.items.execute(self.var.start)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\libopensesame\item_store.py", line 91, in execute
    self.run(name)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\libopensesame\item_store.py", line 106, in run
    self[name].run()
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\libopensesame\sequence.py", line 51, in run
    self.experiment.items.run(_item)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\libopensesame\item_store.py", line 106, in run
    self[name].run()
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\share\opensesame_plugins\pygaze_init\pygaze_init.py", line 217, in run
    **kwdict)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\pygaze\eyetracker.py", line 91, in __init__
    from pygaze._eyetracker.libtobii import TobiiProTracker
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\pygaze\_eyetracker\libtobii.py", line 9, in <module>
    import tobii_research as tr
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\pygaze\_eyetracker\tobii_research.py", line 2, in <module>
    from tobiiresearch.interop import tobii_pro
ImportError: No module named interop

Thank you for any help!

Comments

• sebastiaansebastiaan Posts: 2,959

Hi Katie,

Here's what I would do: Simply install OpenSesame 3.2.0, and then with the Python package manager in OpenSesame install tobiiresearch. That way you have the latest versions of everything.

Let us know if that works for you!

Cheers!
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• Hi Sebastiaan,

Thank you for such a quick response - i've reinstalled opensesame (3.2.0) however when I try to install tobii-research using the package manager in opensesame I get the error "Failed to install tobii-research"

Thanks!
    Katie

• sebastiaansebastiaan Posts: 2,959

In the debug window you will see a more informative error message. My first guess is that you're not running OpenSesame as administrator?

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• Brilliant - that worked. Thank you so much!