Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Multichannel Audio Problem

edited April 2016 in OpenSesame

Hi,

First of all, thank you for all your work, the software and the community are amazing. I'm working with and experiment that requires to play multichannel audio files (8 channels to be precise). They are in .wav but as soon as I try to run the experiment, it crashes. I've succesfuly played normal 2 channel(stereo) .wav files, so it seems that the sampler isn't the problem (at first glance at least).

I'd like to hear your thoughts on what can i do. Maybe some scripting would solve it, but am not very skilled at python and don't have any clues of where to start.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Comments

• edited 1:15PM

They are in .wav but as soon as I try to run the experiment, it crashes.

What is the exact error message? I'm pretty sure the crash is due to the 8 channels, but it would still be informative to know. And could you perhaps upload one of the sound files somewhere?

I suspect that the standard way of sound playback, which is based on PyGame, won't work with more than 2 channels, although I've never tried it myself. But PyAudio should support it. They have pretty good documentation and examples here:

You'll also find plenty of discussions if you search for pyaudio on this forum.

I hope this helps!

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• edited 1:15PM

Thank you very much. I'll give it a try, as soon as i have news i'll be posting again.