Error with Pyhton encoding the user path with accent ?
I would like to share my recent experience:
- I run an experiment on last friday: no problem.
- I run it yesterday (on monday) : an error appeared right after I choose the file or saving the name of the opensesame .csv file. I couldn't even run my task.
'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 37: ordinal not in range(128)
- After trying with severals tasks, the same error message keeps appearing all over again with all my tasks. The exact same error message.
- I created another User session on my laptop running with windows 10 as my current user session is written with an accent, I've created the new one with no accen, just .. you know to see ...
- Well, no error anymore. BUT WHY ? and HOW did this happen in just a couple of days without changing anything to my laptop ? It means I have to use my other session to run all my experiments now. This is quite confusing ...
FIY: Using windows 10, even if you change the user name directly in the settings options or on your microsoft account, it does not change it into the USER PATH. One provided solution by W10 helpers forum, is to modify it directly into you hardrive user file by creating another adminstrator session 'but it can crash'. Well, yes, I've just tried with a random new session and it's literraly erasing all files by creating an alternative temporary session ...
I am wondering why .. suddently ... ?
Have a good day,