Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Reading data loop from file in OSweb/JATOS

Hey!

So it says that if using JATOS and OSweb then the file reading ability in the loop function is not supported. I have found a way round by using the table function instead BUT...does anyone know if:

a) there is a way round to be able to use the file reading function?

b) If this is not currently available, is it in development so that functionality is available in the future?

Many Thanks

Comments

• Hi!

I can't speak for OSWeb but at least with JATOS you are able to load arbitrary files that are in your study's assets folder in JATOS.

Best,

Kristian

• Hi,

Also, as OSweb supports inline_scripts (though with javascript), you can implement reading files yourself, e.g. through Python Pandas.

Good luck,

Eduard

• > Also, as OSweb supports inline_scripts (though with javascript), you can implement reading files yourself, e.g. through Python Pandas.

No, that's not correct! OSWeb supports basic JavaScript through the inline_javascript item, but this does not allow you to use Python libraries such as pandas. For more information, see:

• Oops, my bad! But does this mean, you can use javascript libraries? So, if there are file reading modules available, could they be use to do pandas-like things?

• I suppose it's possible, but there is currently no API to for example retrieve files from the file pool, or interact with OpenSesame in any other way than accessing experimental variables through the vars object (the JavaScript variation of the var object in Python). So I wouldn't go there for now. We're looking to expand the OSWeb API in the future, though.

• Thanks all!