Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

OSweb file function in Loop & form_base

Hey!

So I am new to using OS and have managed to program a pretty nice experiment for my MSc thesis. However, I have 2 questions...

1) I want to upload the study to JATOS to be used online. When checking it in OSWeb, it says that the form_base function is not supported BUT it works when I've tried it on the test server! Is it going to randomly stop working at some point?

2) It also says that the file reading aspect in the loop function isn't usable in the JATOS hosted web version. I can get round this using the table function BUT it is not ideal. Is there a way that the file function can be used or is this aspect in development?

Many Thanks

Comments

• Hi Captain Cool,

> 1) I want to upload the study to JATOS to be used online. When checking it in OSWeb, it says that the form_base function is not supported BUT it works when I've tried it on the test server! Is it going to randomly stop working at some point?

It's conceivable that this will stop working when you upgrade to a newer version of OSWeb. But if you've verified that it works well right now (and please do, because it's unsupported!), and if you don't upgrade, then it will continue working as is.

> 2) It also says that the file reading aspect in the loop function isn't usable in the JATOS hosted web version. I can get round this using the table function BUT it is not ideal. Is there a way that the file function can be used or is this aspect in development?

Currently, there's no way to read a loop table from file in OSWeb. So if it's possible to simply use the loop table as is, then I would do that!

Cheers and good luck with your project!

Sebastiaan

Thanked by 1Captain_Cool

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• Thanks Sebastian!

Have just tried to upload to JATOS to test but think the test server is down 😢