Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

uniform coordinates differ in sketchpad and inline

Hi

I noticed that checking the "uniform coordinates" option only affect coordinates in inline scripts, but not on sketchpad. It seems that in sketchpads, the coordinates are always uniform. This is a bit confusing when you have an experiment that is partially script and partially sketchpad.

Just wondered if this is a bug or a feature (maybe there is a good reason behind it)

Thanks,

Tali

Comments

• Hi Tali,

In old versions of OpenSesame, sketchpads and Canvas objects used different coordinate systems, where 0, 0 referred to the center or the top-left respectively. So that's the behavior that you get when you disable the option uniform coordinates (for backwards compatibility, not because you should disable this for new experiments!). If you enable this option, the coordinates are uniform in the sense that everything uses the 0, 0 == center coordinate system. Does that clear things up?

Cheers!

Sebastiaan

Thanked by 1labovich

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• Hi Sebastiaan

Thanks for responding!

Maybe I'm missing something, because in the sketchpad it seems that the coordinates depend on the object I tried to include, regardless of whether I defined uniform coordinates or not. More specifically, it seems that shapes or pictures are always uniform, but in text box the coordinates are always non-uniform. In other words, it seems like the options for changing the coordinates system applies only to inlines...

Best,

Tali

• edited September 11

> In other words, it seems like the options for changing the coordinates system applies only to inlines...

That's correct. The option only affects the behavior of inline_script items. The sketchpad has always used 0, 0 for the display center.

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot