random presentation of random sounds
I'm trying to have a random sound at random points in specific parts/moments of a temporal reproduction task.
The experiment is structured as follows:
- 4 numbers appear on the screen for a few secs
- temporal reproduction task starts (a 'beep' sound of variable duration is delivered for encoding)
- participants press a key to start the second 'beep' sound (reproducing)
- participants press a key when they think the sound reached the same duration as the previous one
- 1 number appears asking if it was present or not among the firsts at the beginning (WM task)
I have 6 different sounds, and I want to present them randomly during the task but NOT when the 'beep' sound is delivered (in both encoding and reproducing phases). It means that it should be delivered during the 4 numbers presentation or right after that/before the encoding part or after the reproducing part/during the WM task (1 number presentation). Also, the random sound should be delivered in ~6% of the trials (60).
I managed to set up the rest of the experiment, but I'm having trouble with this. Can you suggest a way to implement it?